Gift Aid, Ahoy!

We have many good reasons for you to register your gift aid with the 17th see below for those reasons!

Scout LogoScout Group Logo

Gift Aid

Gift aid allows the Scout Group, if you pay tax, to clam back from the taxman 25p for every pound you give the Scout Group. All you need to do is to fill in the form downloadable below. Questions and Answers about Gift Aid are below.

Gift Aid Form »

Q & A

Q: Can I give Gift Aid to more than one organisation?

A: Yes, you can give Gift Aid to as many organisations as you want.

Q: Is a Gift Aid declaration complicated?

A: No, it is very simple and only requires you to declare that you want your subscriptions to be treated as Gift Aid payments.

Q: Do I have to complete a separate declaration for each of my children in the Group?

A: No, one declaration covers all payments you make in respect of their subscriptions. 

Q: Will I have to reveal any personal tax information?

A: No, all that is needed is very basic information including your name, address and confirmation that you want your Subscriptions to be treated as Gift Aid payments.

Q: Will it cost me anything extra?

A: No, the Group will simply claim back tax that would have otherwise have gone to the Inland Revenue.  We can then use this tax to reduce the impact of subscriptions, and improve our programme.

Q: What will I have to do in the future?

A: Nothing, once you complete the declaration this covers your child(ren) until they leave the Group. You need only notify the Group if you change name, address or are no longer able to confirm the details on the declaration.

Q: What happens if my child changes section?

A: Nothing, as the Gift Aid declaration is not in respect of a specific sum but merely the subscription, however much that will be.

Q: What happens if I stop paying tax?

A: If you stop paying tax or have paid insufficient tax to cover the amount the Group will be claiming back you should inform the Scout Group and they will not make a claim for your payments.

Q: What happens if my child leaves the Group?

A: As there is no legal commitment in a Gift Aid declaration the Group will only claim back the tax on the payments you made before the child left the Group.

Q: If I am a higher rate taxpayer can I claim back the extra tax?

A: Although the Group can only claim back tax at the standard tax rate, higher rate taxpayers can claim the difference back as tax relief on their self-assessment forms.

Q: How many organisations can I give Gift Aid to?

A: As many as you want.